Sunday, January 3, 2010

Are girls EVER happy with themselves?


It may not be just girls though. I think some guys feel this too (not all). But I'm going into the mind of a girl right now. Being a girl myself, I don't even understand why we always want what we can't have. I am going to be honest, I do it too. I suppose we always believe the grass is always greener on the other side, but once we get to that other side there is something new even further along that we must have. But I suppose we all have fantasies. Life wouldn't be fun if we didn't always yearn for some far-off dream that we know will never come true.

There may be many things that contribute to our wanting what we do not have ,but often this desire comes from the part of us that is selfish or self-seeking. If we could only have our way, then we think we would be happy. Yet, our lives and the world are far more complex than that, and it is a good thing that we do not always get what we want, or what we cannot have. After all, how boring things would be if we got our way all of the time, or if we were not at times left with something that is truly out of our reach?

After all, not getting our way can open the door to things that may be better for us. "You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes you may find you get what you need."

No comments:

Post a Comment